ADMISSION NOTICE 2013-14
Admission Rules and Guidelines
- The Principal reserves the right to grant or refuse admission to any student without assigning any reason.
- Admission to the college is made provisionally at the sole risk and responsibility of a student and is subject to the subsequent approval of GNDU. If approval to the admission is withheld by the competent authority for the reason that the student has failed to provide the required information or document in time/has hidden some information/given false information/is not eligible to join the class otherwise, the entire responsibility in such a case will lie with the student himself/herself. No claim whatsoever will be admissible in such a case.
- Admission to different courses is made as per eligibility conditions of Guru Nanak Dev University.
- Admission to various courses will be made strictly on the basis of merit.
- No student whose age is above 20 years will be admitted in B.A.I
- Candidates whose results are to be declared late can seek admission in the next higher class provisionally subject to the availability of seat and approval of the university.
- Complete all sections of the application form.
- Attach three passport size photographs at relevant places in the form and Identity card slip.
- Attach a certified copy of all academic certificates and any other relevant documents along with residence proof.
- Get the application recommended from the HOD/Incharge before getting the form stamped for eligibility.
- Handover the completed form to the concerned representative of the college for the approval of the Principal.
- Submit required fee at the fee window and get due receipt for payment.
- Original certificates and marksheets of the lower examination passed.
- Attested Xerox copies of these documents along with the completed admission form.
- Three passport size photographs, two for the admission form and one for the Identity Card.
- Student belonging to Scheduled Caste/Tribe, Backward Class must attach required caste certificate with Income certificate issued by the competent authorities alongwith application to avail benefit of Non-payment of non-refundable charges as per Punjab Govt. Instructions. In event of non-production of required documents, students belonging to the relevant category will not be eligible for this exemption.
- Eligibility certificate from Guru Nanak Dev University for the students who have passed their qualifying examination from institutions other than GNDU, Punjab University, Punjabi University or PSEB. Admission of students who fail to submit Eligibility Certificate by the required dates shall stand cancelled without any further notice.
- Students whose result is declared late should submit the Eligibility Certificate within one month of the declaration of the result.
To secure Eligibility Certificate, students should apply to the GNDU on prescribed form with the required fee alongwith following documents:
- Original Certificates and DMC of the lower classes passed.
- Original Migration Certificate from the board/university from where the candidate has passed his/her lower examination.
Please note: Eligibility Certificate is must for admission in B.A./B.Sc./BCA/B.Com/BBA/MA/M.Sc/M.Com part-I & Post Graduate Diplomas.
Code of Conduct
To foster a sense of discipline among the students a code of conduct has been laid down by the College. The institution expects the students to observe this code of conduct strictly.
1. No student will be allowed to enter the college premises without College Identity Card.
2. Students must maintain discipline and decorum in and outside the classrooms. They should be polite, regular and punctual in their behavior. They should be present in the classroom before the teacher enters.
3. Students are advised not to stand in groups in the passage and thus obstruct the movement of others in the college.
4. Quarrels and disputes should be avoided and self-restraint should be exercised. In the event of a dispute, a written complaint should be made to the Principal at once.
5. No damage to the College property will be condoned under any circumstances.
6. Students are expected to keep aloof from active politics as it adversely affects their academic pursuits.
7. Students are required to apply for leave whenever they are unable to attend the class. Printed leave-forms are available in the college bookshop.
Bringing Mobile Phone in the College campus is strictly prohibited
Photography in the college campus is strictly prohibited.
This document is a general reference guide for College/University rules. Students are required to refer to the latest university instructions for current information. The college will not be responsible for any loss or inconvenience if the student fails to adhere to these guidelines. He/She will not be entitled to any claim whatsoever from the college.