The post graduate department of Chemistry is the back bone of Science block imparting not only quality education to Medical, Non-Medical, Biotech Professional, Bio-informatics and Post Graduate students, but also providing them with ample motivation and a platform where they can showcase their hidden talent. The department is funded by DBT under Star College Scheme.
Special features of the department include:
- Six well-equipped spacious laboratories fit with the latest equipment.
- Separate newly constructed Inorganic, Organic and Physical labs with ready to use PH meter, Refractmeters, Calorimeters, Distilled water units heating plates, Electric Shakers, Vacuum Pumps, Ovens, Potentiometers, Electric Weighing Machines, Thermostat and projector for post graduate classes on different floors.
- Department releases a newsletter every year which imparts information about the work done by eminent scientist and latest research being done in the field of chemistry.
- Surinder Kaur, M.Sc. Hons. School in Chemistry,( Head of Dept.), Member:Prevention and Redressal of Sexual Harassment Committee, PPF
- Arunjit Kaur, M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Dr. Renuka Rai, M.Sc., Ph.D Former Visiting Scientist, Technical University, Dresden, Germany.
- Dr. Rajnish Moudgil, M.Sc., Ph.D
- Dr. Navjot Kaur, M.Sc., Ph.D
- Dr. Bhupinderpal Singh, M.Sc., Ph.D
- Dr. Geetanjli Kaushal, M.Sc., Ph.D